Sometimes experiments go wrong.....

Posted by Titanium Wild , 12 September 2012 10:52:00 am

So, I have been an avid reader of the Lisa Lise natural skincare  blog for a while now(go have a look, AFTER you've finished reading here :D )
She has been making some lovely solid facial cleanser bars, and as the recipes for these are on the blog, I decided to give it a try. I didn't have the exact ingredients, but I had the basics (veg oils/butters, clay and essential oils) so tweaked the recipe and went right ahead and made one.

Ahem.

Yes.

About that.

My advice for anyone doing the same....*whispers*.......leave out the charcoal powder, ok?

I thought I was being clever and could maybe develope the bar into a saleable product somewhere down the line.
Uh huh, yeah, that didn't turn out so well.

If I say that oopsies, the charcoal powder refuses to wash off, and welds itself to your skin, can I just leave it there, and leave the rest to your imagination?

Yes?

Good!!

I also had calamine powder in there, and that layer worked like a charm, so it wasn't a total fail, but still......


The calamine layer set up beautifully, the charcoal layer didn;t want to set up, hence all the smudging!

I haven't finished with this yet though, and I will make some more, I just might not use charcoal!

2 Response to "Sometimes experiments go wrong....."

LisaLise Says:

Teehee! I'm so excited that you did your own cleansing bar! I think it looks lovely-- kind of a deep raspberry color.. :)

Beth Says:

thanks :) I'm going to have another go this weekend x

Post a Comment